- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
BarburVet is a full-service AAHA (American Animal Hospital Association) small animal hospital providing veterinary services to cats, dogs, exotics, birds, and pocket pets. We offer wellness care for pets of all ages including diagnostics, treatment and surgery when needed.
Because the lifespans of our pets are much more compact than ours, physical examinations every 6-12 months are one of the best ways you can ensure that your pet stays as healthy as possible.We will email you an exam report after each exam. We also email you a copy of any diagnostic results such as x-ray reports and blood panel results with a follow up call to answer any questions or concerns.
Vaccination protocols are individualized for each patient according to age, lifestyle and the pet's medical condition.
Pet Care for all life Stages
- $29.99 per month
- $129 one time initiation fee
- unlimited exams
- yearly blood panel and fecal (type dependent on age and species)
- AND MORE!
Laboratory: blood panels, urinalysis, fecal analysis, cytology, skin and urine cultures, digital x-rays both full body (includes a radiology report) and digital dental x-rays.
Cleaning & Polishing, Extractions, digital dental radiographs. We email you a dental exam report including before and after photos as well as x-ray images of diseased teeth.
Spays, Neuters, and Soft Tissue surgery such as mass removals
Cold Laser Therapy
Cold Laser Therapy is used as on of our multi-modal methods to speed up healing, reduce inflammation and pain. If your pet suffers from any of the following, then they may benefit from Cold Laser Therapy sessions.
- disk disease
- otitis externa (ear infections)
- post-op surgery site such as spay and neuter incision sites
- post-op dental extractions
- acute injury sprain or strain
Your veterinarian will examine your pet and then formulate a Cold Therapy Laser Session Plan consisting of sessions that last from 10-30 minutes. We schedule the multiple sessions to get the full effect of the laser, ensuring that the sessions are relaxed we recommend the owner have their pet hungry for the session so we may keep your pet happy with lots of treats, gentle handling and care. We want to improve your pet’s quality of life and that includes therapy and treatments that the pet actually looks forward to receiving.
For your convenience we can fill your pet's prescriptions in-house for most medications we prescribe. We gladly will call in prescriptions at other pharmacies for client convenience. We will price check your pet's prescription upon request so you will get the best deal.
Veterinary Diets & Quality Pet Care Products
We carry quality pet care products including Purina Veterinary diets, grooming supplies, flea control, deworming and heartworm preventatives. Please call or make an appointment for the right product that meet your pet's lifestyle.
- Bravecto is an every 3 month oral tablet that is given for flea and tick control for dogs
- for cats it is an every 3 month topical that is given for flea and tick control
- Trifexis is an once a month oral tablet that kills fleas and prevents heartworm, treats and controls intestinal worms.
- Revolution is a topical for cats and dogs that kills fleas, prevents heartworm and treats and controls intestinal parasites such as hookworm and roundworm and treats and controls mites.
- Scalibor Protector Band for dogs, repels ticks and fleas for up to 6 months
Multnomah County Licenses for Dogs & Cats
As a courtesy to our clients, we sell county licenses. A rabies certificate is required. Payment is accepted in the form of cash or check made out to Multnomah County Animal Control. For more information on Multnomah County pet licenses, call 503-988-7387.